VoiceThread is a platform for creating rich, asynchronous conversations around media like images, documents, presentations, and videos. Students and instructors can comment on the posted media content using text, audio, or video.
To see VoiceThread in action, check out some featured VoiceThreads in higher education.
VoiceThread is available in all Blackboard courses. To begin using VoiceThread, you must first set up and configure access to the tool in a Blackboard course. When accessing VoiceThread from a Blackboard course, no separate accounts are needed.
Consult the VoiceThread for Instructors guide (PDF) to start using VoiceThread.
The Instructional Technology Lab team is available to assist faculty and teaching assistants using VoiceThread through one-on-one consultations and workshops.
- VoiceThread: Get started for instructors (PDF)
- VoiceThread: Copy and Share Your VoiceThreads (PDF)
- VoiceThread: Create and Grade Assignments (PDF)
- Submit VoiceThread Assignments - For Students
- Create, Comment, and Share (PDF)