As you prepare an instructional continuity plan for your course, it can include a variety of tools and pedagogical approaches. Explore these tools and resources for maintaining instructional continuity during the virtual learning period and refer to the Resources for the Virtual Learning Period website for additional tips and resources.
For upcoming online workshop opportunities, visit the GW Libraries Events website.
Blackboard is GW's official course management system. You can use it to deliver course materials, assessments, and other learning activities to your students online. Blackboard courses are initially hidden from students until you choose to make it available.
Share files and web links
Create and share lectures
- Record a narrated PowerPoint presentation
- Create video lectures with Echo 360 Universal Capture: Personal (PDF)
Communicate with students
Hold live class sessions
Facilitate asynchronous discussions
- Blackboard: How to open a discussion board (PDF)
- VoiceThread: How to use VoiceThread in a Blackboard course (PDF)
Collect student work
- Blackboard: How to create and grade assignments (PDF)
- Blackboard: How to create blogs
- Blackboard: How to create journals