As you prepare an instructional continuity plan for your course, it can include a variety of tools and pedagogical approaches. Explore the following tools and resources available at GW.
For upcoming workshop opportunities, visit the Instructional Technology Workshops website.
Blackboard is GW's official course management system. You can use it to deliver course materials, assessments, and other learning activities to your students online. Blackboard courses are initially hidden from students until you choose to make it available.
- Blackboard: How to log in (PDF)
- Blackboard: How to make a course available to students (PDF)
- Blackboard: Get Started for Instructors (PDF)
Share files and web links
Create and share online lectures
- Record a narrated PowerPoint presentation
- Create and share video lectures with Echo 360 Universal Capture: Personal (PDF)
- Upload Videos from Your Computer to Blackboard (PDF)
- Record a Video Presentation using Zoom (PDF)
Communicate with students
Hold live class sessions
- Get Started with Blackboard Collaborate Ultra: Live Virtual Classroom (PDF)
- Using Zoom in Blackboard
Facilitate asynchronous discussions
- Blackboard: How to open a discussion board (PDF)
- VoiceThread: How to use VoiceThread in a Blackboard course (PDF)
Collect student work
- Blackboard: How to create and grade assignments (PDF)
- Blackboard: How to create blogs
- Blackboard: How to create journals