What is Quality Matters?
Quality Matters (QM) is a nationally recognized, faculty-driven peer review process. The Quality Matters Higher Education Rubric (accessible QM Rubric) is a set of standards used to evaluate the design of online and blended courses.
QM focuses on:
- Course organization and navigability
- Integrated design of the course
- Content and activities
- Technology and accessibility
QM does not focus on course delivery or academic content.
QM and Benefits for Students
Using the QM standards for all GW online courses:
- Is an indicator to students that an online course meets standards for what a quality online course should be.
- Creates a consistent online student experience for your students so if they take another GW online course they will know where things are.
- Fosters high-quality online course design built from the student perspective.
- Removes barriers to student success and satisfaction, fostering retention.